Corporate Resource Centre
The corporate resource centre or the Placement Cell plays a vital role in bringing the industry and academia close to each other by providing Career Counselling; need based education and organization support. It has the task to organize campus interviews for student placement and training and also organizes corporate guest lectures and industry interaction.
CRC acts as an interface between the students, faculty and the corporate world to initiate continuous interaction with the industry, sharing industry experiences, and understanding the needs of the corporate world. CRC has been regularly inviting heads of leading Companies to the campus, who share their insights into the latest issues concerning the economy to stimulate and enhance the intellectual climate at JSB
Pre – Placement Talk:
- The PPT offers the corporate world an opportunity to interact with the students and to know their prospective recruits better, both for the summer and final placements.
- Organizations make presentation which are vital in providing the students with the information about the organization and career prospects in which typical students concerns like job description, selection criteria, industry culture , remuneration package , scope for growth , cross functional exposure are answered.
Industrial Visit – We routinely conduct industrial visits as a part of our curriculum. It helps to bridge the gap between classroom and the real working world. The visit also provides first-hand knowledge about the organizational structures and modes of operation in different industries. After visiting industry, some set of question are given to the students, in order to assess their understanding from what they learnt. This after visit survey motivates the students to learn and ask more question related with their survey which is based on their learning outcomes.
Live Project – Live projects are the excellent opportunity for the students to assist managers in solving live business issues. For students these projects are an opportunity to showcase their skills in the related areas in real business scenarios. For participating organisations, it is an opportunity to evaluate and leverage the caliber and intellectual capital of the students.
Summer Internship Programme:
- Summer Internship constitutes an integral part of the PGDM curriculum and is valued for its relevance in management education.
- Summer Internship is positioned between the first and second year of the PGDM program.
- The students are placed in different organizations for a period of about 8-10 weeks on a specific assignment with their preferred areas of specialization.
- It provides the students an opportunity to test the theoretical concepts learnt in the classroom, also helps students to explore linkages amongst different functions and develop a realistic managerial perspective about organizations in their reality.
- As a part of the assignment, students are required to submit a report. The presentation made by the students to the organization and the faculty forms the basis for the evaluation of the project work.
- Summer training process commences from the month of May every year.
Final Placement Process:
- Placement process commence from the month of October every year.
- The Industry has sought and utilized the intellectual capital of JSB by participating in the final placement process.
- The real proof of the quality and effectiveness of any Business School lies in the acceptance of its graduates in the industry.
- Thus the placement of the graduating batch marks the culmination of the rigorous two – year PGDM program at JSB.
- The budding managers are absorbed by the MNC’s , Indian Giants and Public Sector firms, from the JSB Campus.
Placement Policy/Rules for Final Placement
- All efforts shall be made to carryout qualitative placement for the passing out students.
- The minimum CGPA preferred by most of companies is 6.75.
- Before appearing for the interview, students will have to sign the undertaking/willingness for the same.
- A student will not be considered eligible for any placement assistance if found to be punished under any sort of disciplinary action or defaults to appear for the interview.
- The Students should strictly adhere to points given in the notifications of all companies, once he/she registers for it.
- Detailed policy will be shared with students ,It is mandatory for each and every student to sign undertaking of placement policy or it will be assumed, the student is not interested to take assistance for campus placement
For more details Contact:
Prof. Devendra Bahadur