On 18 April, 2019 Jaipuria School of Business organised an FDP on Effective Skills for Teaching and Research by Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR). The facilitator of the session was Nupoor Singh (Ms.), Editor, Springer Nature. She emphasized on entirety of Research, right from building up logical manuscript structure to effective publication strategy and to successful journal publication taking into consideration the ethical issues in publication.
Key learning from the session are:-
- Researcher should prepare a logical manuscript keeping in mind the methods, result and to take utmost care of the fact that whether it is making an advancement and contribution in the field.
- The research paper should cater to the two category of people greatly; one is the reader and most importantly other one is the reviewer.
- For the above purpose the researchers have to keep in mind what they need to know like who/what was used in the study, how the study was conducted, and how the data was analyzed.
- Research should get readers’ as well as reviewers’ attention, and it should start with the abstract which gives the good first impression.
- Good and appropriate journal should be targeted that will best reach the target audience to maximize the impact in the field.
- Participants also learnt about the nuances of submissions strategy so that the paper make the best first impression for journal editors.
- In the end participants learnt about the fundamental publication ethical issues which should be taken utmost care to have hassle free submission.
- Participants learnt about the publication strategy.
It was really an informative session as Faculty got an opportunity to understand the technical details of the research and its publication. The session ended with vote of thanks.