Teaching History Through Online Toolsadmin
‘Teaching History Online’ is a concise guide to developing and using internet resources in History. Online resources create an exciting, interactive, and rewarding learning environment.
Online Tools that make History Easy:
- Google Earth-To visit different museums in different parts of the world. You can explore google earth, which is basically a digital globe. A globe that gets its information from the satellite. It is a massive collection of data.
- Google Art and Culture can be used as it is an online exhibition. The learning page of google art and culture is quite a rich and entertaining space. It is a very rich way of looking into History. You can call it to be a human way of looking into History. It gives you rich content, which is verified and well written. You can bring it to your classrooms.
- We can include online Jigsaw puzzles to make History more interesting and fun. Doing puzzles can be considered a complete brain exercise. It exercises both the right and left sides of the brain. The right side of the brain is in charge of creativity, emotions, and intuitive thinking, and the left is the logical, objective side. So, when we are doing such activities in class, we are working on the critical thinking and problem-solving abilities of the students. You can even involve cartoons, scripts, and characters in our history teaching.
- Advertisements like Amul can be correlated to the current events in India. The Amul ads have a wonderful way of satirizing Indian politics, social-economic situations, and landmark events of our nation’s history through innovative punchlines and the always iconic Amul girl and logo.
- Online games like Seppo can be built in to make History interesting.
- Coggle can be used to make mind maps.
- Pear deck is used to make interactive slides. Pear deck is an interactive app where teachers can make slides and the students can also create a quick drawing of the historical image, map identification, historical events in the correct order. It is good for critical thinking, problem-solving skills.
- Cartoon strips and Story Board -Filmmakers, teachers, and students love these apps. These apps are used to make posters assignment, diagrams, quizzes, story cubes, etc.
- Website on Indian Legislative and Judiciary-You can integrate original documents with your curriculum. It is good for students of History and Political Science.
- GeoGuessr is a Geography game which takes you around the world and challenges your ability to recognize your surroundings.
Department of History