SOP on preventive measures to contain spread of COVID-19 in higher educational institutions conducting post graduate studies in professional programs:
The generic preventive measures include simple public health measures that are to be followed to reduce the risk of COVID-19. These measures need to be observed by all (faculty, employees, students and visitors) in these places at all times. These include:
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible.
- Use of face covers/masks to be made mandatory.
- Frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty. Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds) can be done wherever feasible.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves the strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing of used tissues properly.
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest. vi. Spitting shall be strictly prohibited. vii. Installation & use of Aarogya Setu App shall be advised wherever feasible
SOP to be followed in case a student/faculty/staff develops symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty in breathing)
- Place the ill person in a room or area where they are isolated from others.
- Inform parents/guardians as the case may be.
- Patients will remain isolated while wearing a mask/face cover till such time they are examined by a doctor.
- Immediately inform the nearest medical facility (hospital/clinic) or call the state or district helpline.
- A risk assessment shall be undertaken by the designated public health authority (district RRT/treating physician) and accordingly further action be initiated regarding the management of the case, their contacts, and the need for disinfection.
- Disinfection of the premises to be taken up if the person is found positive.
- If there is a clustering of cases in a hostel/residential building, inform local health authorities immediately.